Click to enlarge image.
One 10 inch wide by 2 inch deep Cat Cake Pan. Use this cute Cat Cake Pan over and over again for a variety of party themes. Make a tabby, siamese, calico, or persian, or dream up your own design. Our Cat Cake Pan holds one cake mix and comes with easy to follow baking and decorating instructions that show you how to use this animal-shaped pan to make a variety of kitties.
In the above image, the the silver lady bug image is the actual cake pan.
Contentedly Curled Cat Cake Decorating Instructions
Cat Cake Pan
1 box of 2 layer cake mix
Black Shoestring licorice
Cornstarch, light corn syrup
Roll and Cut Mat
24 ounces Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Decorating Bags and Couplers or Parchment Triangles
Cake Board, Foil Wrap or Serving Tray
Icing Tips needed:
#4 and #16
Icing colors needed:
Rose, Golden Yellow, Lemon Yellow, Black, Leaf Green and Orange
- Combine Rose and Orange for stripe shade shown.
- Several days in advance: Make whiskers. Tint a 1 inch ball of fondant black; roll out 1/16 inch thick. Cut six 2 1/2 by 1/16 inch wide strips; curve slightly and let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Reserve remaining black fondant.
- Bake and cool lady bug cake; trim off legs.
- For tail, roll a 12 by 3/4 inch thick rope of fondant. Position cake and tail on cake board cut to fit; curving tail to shape.
- For back leg, roll a 7 by 1/2 inch wide fondant log; for front leg, roll a 4 by 1/2 inch thick log. Shape into a backward L; position front leg, then back leg on cake.
- Roll out fondant 1/8 inch thick; cut two 1 1/4 inch triangles for ears; attach to cake with buttercream.
- For cheeks, cut two 1 1/4 x 3/4 in ovals; position on face. For lip, roll a 1 3/4 by 1/4 inch wide log; position below cheeks.
- Roll out reserved black fondant 1/8 inch thick; cut a small piece for inside mouth and position on cake.
- Pipe in eyes with buttercream; smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Overpipe pupils; pat smooth. Cut small black fondant ovals for irises; position.
- Tint a 1/2 inch ball of fondant rose; shape into a 1/2 inch triangle for nose and position.
- Ice inside ears smooth (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Outline leg and toe areas with tip 4.
- Cover cat with tip 16 stars. Insert whiskers.
Please note that the supplies, icing tips and icing colors are not included with the cake pan.