Below are some of our favorite recipes. Share your favorite recipes with other Birthday Direct moms. Send them to us via our contact us page. If your recipe is used on our site we'll include your name and hometown.
Return to the Customer Service page.
1 pkg. (4-serving size) Chocolate Flavor Cook & Serve Pudding & Pie Filling
2-1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup Marshmallow Cream
6 paper cups (5 oz.)
6 wooden pop sticks
Prepare pudding as directed on package using milk. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until mixture is at room temperature. Add marshmallow creamed, stirring just enough to create a marbled effect. Pour into paper cups. Insert stick in center of each cup. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Peel off paper cups to serve.
Wiggly Jiggly Cupcakes
2-1/2 cups boiling water
2 pkg. (8-serving size each ) Orange Flavor Gelatin
1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow or chocolate cake mix
1 tub (12 oz.) Whipped Topping, thawed candy sprinkles
Stir boiling water into gelatin in medium bowl at least 3 minutes until completely dissolved. Pour into 15x10x1-inch pan. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until firm. Meanwhile, prepare and bake cake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes. Cool completely on wire racks. Cut each cupcake in half horizontally. Dip bottom of 15x10x1-inch pan in warm water about 15 seconds. Using 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 24 pieces. Place a small dollop of whipped topping atop bottom half of each cupcake. Place a gelatin circle atop each and add another small dollop of whipped topping. Place top half of cupcake on each stack and gently press onto whipped topping. Top with additional whipped topping and sprinkles.
Ice-Cream Cone Cakes
A creative twist on the traditional birthday cake. Kids will love eating their cake in a cone instead of on a plate!
1 package rainbow chip cake mix
24 flat-bottom ice-cream cones
1 tub ready-to-spread frosting (any flavor)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
2. Prepare cake mix as directed on package--except fill each cup 2/3 full of batter (1 heaping tablespoon each). Place ice-cream cone upside down on batter in each cup.
3. Bake 20 minutes (cones may tilt on batter); cool completely. Remove paper baking cups. Frost cake with frosting, and decorate as desired.
An ice-cream parlor treat that’s so easy, the kids can make it!
Pan of fresh baked brownies
Ice cream, any flavor
Sliced strawberries and bananas
Assorted toppings or sauces
For each serving, place brownie on serving plate; top with remaining ingredients.
Chocolate Chip Dessert Pizza
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough 1 pkg
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 12 inch (30 cm) pizza pan.
2. Spread dough evenly on pan. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Sprinkle marshmallows, chocolate chips and pecans on baked cookie.
3. Bake at 375° (190°C) 5 to 7 minutes longer or until marshmallows are lightly browned. Cool completely. use pizza cutter to cut into wedges.
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter or margarine – softened
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups Confectioners sugar – sifted
2 tbsp milk
1. Combine shortening and butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer. Add vanilla.
2. Add Confectioners sugar gradually, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
3. Add milk. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
4. Tint icing with food coloring if desired.
4 cups Confectioners sugar
1/2 cup butter – softened
2 oz unsweetened chocolate – melted
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1. Combine Confectioners sugar, butter, melted chocolate, water, vanilla and salt in large bowl.
2. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 3 minutes until smooth.
3. Beat at high speed for 3 to 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
4. Frost cake as desired.
Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
Spread a cooled baked cookie with softened ice cream, top it with a second cookie and freeze it on a cookie sheet until firm. store individually wrapped, in the freezer.
Kids Personal Pizza
Store-bought Pizza dough
Preheat oven to 550 degrees. Place pizza stone inside about 20 minutes before baking the pizzas off. Shape the pizza in individual pies. Use flour to keep the dough from sticking to your work surface. Top each pie with a drizzle of olive oil, the tomato sauce and the mozzarella. Give each child their own and let them top it as they like. Place the topped pizzas on the pizza stone and cook until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is all melty.
2 qts. popped popcorn
1 large bag of miniature marshmallows
1 c. salted peanuts
1 stick butter (1/2 c.)
1 lb. M & M candies
1/2 c. coconut
Butter a 10 inch Bundt pan. Melt marshmallows in the top of a double boiler. Mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and pour the melted marshmallows over top; mix well. Pour into the prepared pan and cool until firm. Turn out onto a serving plate and cool completely. To serve, break off pieces.
Return to the Customer Service page.