Click to enlarge image.
One 2 piece Dora the Explorer Petite Cake Decorating Kit. Each kit contains one 2.5 inch tall Dora figurine topper and one 2 inch wide molded plastic flower basket. What a fun alternative to traditional sheet cakes! Our Dora the Explorer Petite Cake Decorating Kit lets you make a special dress-shaped cake that rises above the rest. Use our helpful decorating instructions below, or create your own design to make a cake that your little explorer will adore.
Cake Decorating Instructions:
One Dora the Explorer Petite Cake Decorating Kit
One 4 inch Round Cake Pan
One small Angled Spatula
Icing Tips Needed:
Base icer, Tip #104, Tip #102, Tip #2
Icing Colors Needed:
Neon Purple #9645, Princess Pink #11808, Lemon Yellow #9537, Leaf Green #9529, Light Neon Purple #9645
- Carve two 4 inch cakes in order to make a skirt-shaped cake.
- Ice cake light Neon Purple #9645.
- Using base icer, pipe Neon Purple #9645 apron as shown.
- Using a small angled spatula, start at the base of the apron and smooth upward as shown.
- Using tip #104, pipe light Neon Purple #9645 ruffle at base of cake.
- Using tip #102, pipe light Neon Purple #9645 ruffle at waist.
- Using tip #2, pipe Neon Purple #9645 edges on apron as shown.
- Place the Dora Petite Cake Kit on cake as shown. Hang the flower basket over the hand. Note: Place decoration on clear plastic tray prior to placing on cake.
- Using tip #2, pipe Princess Pink #11808 flowers.
- Using tip #2, pipe Lemon Yellow #9537 flowers, flower centers, and bottom edge of apron.
- Using tip #2, pipe Princess Pink #11808 flower centers.
- Using tip #2, pipe Leaf Green #9529 leaves and stems as shown.
Please note that this cake decorating set does not include the cake, cake pan, icing, icing colors, or icing tips.