Click to enlarge image.
One deck of Mini Playing Card Games. These cards measure 1.5 in. x 2 in. so these decks will fit perfectly into a treat bag. Every child will love to get a deck of these cards to play our favorite classic games. The games ship assorted. Let Birthday Direct help you plan the perfect celebration with incredible discounts, same day order processing, outstanding customer service and a FREE shipping offer.
Please note that these orders are filled randomly. We cannot guarantee that you will receive a particular color or style.
The list of games and instructions are listed below:
How to play:
- Shuffle and deal one card at a time, face down, until all cards have been dealt.
- Players (being careful not to allow other players to see their cards) match as many pairs as possible from the hand dealt to them, players place each matched pair, face up, on the table in front of them.
- The dealer begins play by drawing a card from the player to his right, if this card makes a pair with a card from his own hand, the player places the pair face up on the table, if it does not make a pair, the player keeps the card he drew and adds it to his own hand.
- The next player does the same thing.
- Play continues until all pairs have been matched. The player left holding the "old maid" card loses the game and becomes "The Old Maid".
How to Play:
- The heart deck has three suites (hearts, clovers and horseshoes) of twelve cards each, including a number 9 star card which is the Jinx card.
- The object of the game is to avoid taking tricks containing hearts of the Jinx card:
- Dealer shuffles and deals one card at a time, face down, an equal number of cards to each player, the remaining cards , if any, are placed face down and are taken in by the player who takes the first trick.
- Each player selects two cards from his hand and passes them on to the person on his left.
- Dealer starts the play by leading any card except a heart. After that trick is taken any suite including hearts may be led.
- Play moves to the left, everyone following suite. If a player cannot, follw suite, he may discard a heart, the Jinx card, or any card he chooses.
- High card of a suite takes the trick. The player taking the trick leads card for the next round.
- Winner: Is the player with the least points. Each heart counts one point and the Jinx card counts six points.
How to Play:
- Shuffle and deal cards face down 2 players - deal 7 cards to each. 3 to 4 players - deal 5 cards to each. Spread the remaining cards face down on the the table. These cards are the "Fish Pond".
- Players (being careful not to allow other players see their cards) match as many color pairs as possible from the hand dealt them. Players place each pair face up on the table in front of them. If a player has three cards of the same kind (color) he can put down only 2 of them (a pair).
- The dealer begins play by asking any other player for a card of a same kind (color) card held in the dealers hand. The dealer must have in his hand a card of the same (color) asked for.
- If the player who the dealer asked has that card, the player must give the card to the dealer who now has a pair, and places the pair face up on the table. The dealer can then ask any other player for a card, again of any kind (color) held in the dealers hand. The dealer continues to ask other players as long as he or she makes pairs.
- If the player, who the dealer asked does not have the color asked for, the player tells the dealer, "Go Fish" in the "Fish Pond".
- The dealer then draws a card from the fish pond and if can make a pair, lays it down on the table, if dealer cannot make a pair, he keeps the card in his hand.
- The player then passes on to the player on the dealers left who does the same thing.
- When the fish pond is empty, players continue by asking in turn for cards until one player is out of cards. This ends the game.
- Score: each player counts the total cards laid down on the table. The player with the most cards laid down wins the game.